Lane Bryant

It’s September: Are you Falling Backwards or Forward?

As summer starts to fade away ask yourself “are you falling backwards or forward”?

Have you ever just stopped and asked yourself, “where did the time go?” I had one of those moments this morning. I can’t believe how fast 2015 is going. I imagine time will continue to fly as I get older and of course, wiser. With the autumn season approaching, I am getting my mental thoughts together on what I plan to accomplish for myself in 2016.

Each year, I set one big goal for myself to accomplish. I wanted to buy a house before I turned 40; bought it when I turned 38. I wanted to take a nice lavish trip for my 40th; I ended up traveling through southern Spain this year. Often, big plans in our lives require preparation.

Each year we should strive to do something positive for ourselves. Nothing bothers me more than a person stuck in the same place they were ten years ago. People should grow and evolve throughout their life. Just as the seasons change, the seasons in our lives changes as well. For everything, there is a season.

I have one word in my head for 2016; FREEDOM! Although I have accomplished so much, I’m going to work on my happiness and the things that make me happy. That takes preparation, motivation, and a great big ole pair of balls. But, life is about taking chances and having the balls to do so. It’s about having the gumption to put your foot down and say enough is enough. It’s about walking away from situations and people that cause you distress, and in all seriousness, it’s about putting yourself first.

As the summer slowly comes to an end, now is the time to reflect on the year thus far and what you want to accomplish next year. Will you fall back into old habits that serve you no purpose or will you fall forward into a new you and a new perspective?

Are you thinking ahead? What are some of your goals for next year?

12 Responses to “It’s September: Are you Falling Backwards or Forward?”

1. Karneisha says:

I am currently in the midst of planning my short term goals for next year as well. My long term goal does include some of the things yours did. I’m excited and working steadily to reach them.

• shauntee says:

Excellent! Whether it’s a short term goal or a long term goal; we all feel a sense of accomplishment when we reach that goal. Thanks for stopping by.

2. Great post had me thinking hard about life I am moving forward slowly one step at a time

• shauntee says:

Hi Patrice,
      As the saying goes, slow and steady wins the race. As long as you’re moving forward that’s all that matters. Great achievement takes preparation.

3. Stacie says:

I admit, I have not been think ahead as I should but it’s high time I make some changes in my life and relationships. Thank you for this!

4. I love love this and what a great word!

5. A few years ago I started setting goals for myself at the top of the year. It gave me something to work for and I’ve done pretty well with them. I’ve still not learned to sew but I’m rolling it over to 2016. I’ve done a lot of thinking ahead but I’ve also been a bit lazy. I need to get out of that. I can’t be lazy and great.

• shauntee says:

Mimi sometimes we have to take a mental break. Part of being great is knowing when to take a few moments to chill, relax, and be lazy! Glad to hear you’re doing great with your goals.

6. Kara says:

I haven’t set goals I am more of a spontaneous go with the flow kinda person but when you clearly define what you want the outcome to be it helps to make it happen. I need to quit procrastinating and get to work

7. Adanna says:

I was doing really well on my goals the first quarter of the year and then I fell off a bit. I’m determined to make the next few months the best few months of the year for me.

• shauntee says:

Excellent! I didn’t achieve everything I wanted this year. Life happens and sometimes we have to back track, but we keeping moving. Good Luck!