Lane Bryant

5 Tacky Situations People Share on Social Media

WBWKY1FQ2I

5 Tacky Situations People Share on Social Media

This topic has been on my mind for awhile. As much as I love social media it has it pros and cons. Lately, I’ve seen, read, and viewed posts that make me question what exactly is going through someone’s head. Social media is not a share all tell all. As with anything we say, we should also be mindful of what we share online. Here are 5 tacky situations people share on social media.

Dirty Laundry

I love hearing that you’re doing well, and life is awesome for you. I cheer you on, and I applaud that everything is going well in your life. But hold on, I don’t need to know that you’re getting ready to have sex. I don’t need to know that your EBT card is working, and lastly, I don’t need to know your family tea.

Broadcast Your Beefs with People

Call me old fashion if you want, but despite all of the wonderful technological advances made in communication, I still enjoy a good face to face argument. Beefs on Facebook or Twitter are pointless unless you’re a celebrity, and your PR/Marketing rep has told you to start an unnecessary beef so that people will know who you are.

Posting on Facebook Instead of Calling the Police or Ambulance

Here’s what I need you to know, if you’re currently running a temperature of 106, there’s a good chance you’re sick. You should be calling the ambulance or heading to the nearest emergency room. Who has time to post on Facebook when you’re that sick? Posting pictures of you with a black eye and bloody nose is not the route to take after your boyfriend hits you. Unless that’s your signal for someone to send help, you should be calling the police.

tacky facebook situations

Starting a GoFund Me Account for your Child after Posting the Michael Kors Purse and Shoes you Just Bought

I don’t have much to write about this. But if you’re posting pictures of new Coach and Michael Kors items you purchased. There’s a good chance I won’t contribute to your child’s college, back to school, birthday, church trip or whatever it is you need money for.

Somebody Else’s Tragedy

I’m not sure when the world became so insensitive. Maybe a combination of technology, television, and recent events has caused mass desensitization. I understand that we all now have the ability to film and record the actions of others. However, filming someone as they lay on the ground dying and posting it is ridiculous. Filming someone’s burial and filming someone’s funeral without the permission of the family is just downright disrespectful. The last thing anyone wants to see is a gunshot victim taking his last breath!

Am I missing anything, what tacky situations have you witnessed on social media?

16 Responses to “5 Tacky Situations People Share on Social Media”

1. Holly says:

This is so true. I really don’t like the subliminal messages people do when they can just talk to the person. I will say something, but it is just in an general thing all the time..happy, sad, or indifferent. But if I have a situation I am not airing my laundry out on FB like so many people do..craziness.

• shauntee says:

Hi Holly,
      I think at some point we all share something. I will post that I’m having a bad day or something general, but I don’t spill a months worth of tea on social media.

2. Mia Jones says:

I honestly cannot grasp this phenomenon of broadcasting everything on social media. It is truly perplexing in my circle. However, I heard soeone say recently that money was no longer the root of all evil; getting attention was.

• shauntee says:

I believe that! I think some feel the more attention they get the more it validates their existence. Thanks for stopping by.

3. GIRL! You are preaching up in here let me tell you. I had to see picture of people that have died. NOT COOL! I’ve see beefs, drama, and lots of insensitive like content. I frequently block people and or hide them from my wall. I’m not here for other folks drama or Hollywood drama.

4. I recently saw a GoFundMe for someone who just wanted to get her Europe trip financed just because she’s never been. Also, people who post Facebook drama then get mad that everyone knows their business confuse me.

• shauntee says:

Adriana I’ve seen GoFundMe for someone trying to go to Vegas! I agree why would someone get mad and they put their business out there. Thanks for stopping by.

5. Starkey says:

Those are so true! I think the most tackiest situation is the airing their dirty laundry. I hate reading about someone’s man cheating on them and broadcasting it on Facebook. It’s just shameful.

6. Whew! Girl, you better say that!!! I cringe when I see all of the above. Social Media has allowed me to create some amazing friendships and opportunities. But let me tell you: it’s also made people waaayyy to comfortable -_- It’s not cool to find out a loved one passed from Facebook.

• shauntee says:

What! No way, no that’s not cool at all. I agree about the friendships and opportunities, I’ve met some wonderful people, learned a lot, and I get to read some fantastic blogs.

7. Chasing Joy says:

Last week i saw one of the tackiest things ever on FB. A grown man (I’m talking all the way grown. Late 40s grown.) Posted and end of relationship life event starltus. So so tacky.

8. Yaya says:

Breakups and beefs are the worse on Facebook. An old classmate of mine recently got engaged and I guess people were talking about it since he was recently divorce. He proceeded to call out people by name on his Facebook. I was shocked. I wish people kept more of their business offline. Everyone doesn’t need to know your business.

• shauntee says:

Wow! I can understand why he would be upset from people judging his relationship. But to get on Facebook and call people out by name is wrong. If you wanted to address them he should have done it in a private message or just left it alone. Thank you for stopping by.